2014 Hunan Provincial Foreigner Photo Contest
Updated on 2014.08.27 (latest 2014.09.13)
COMPETITION ENDS 31st NOVEMBER 2014!
- - - -
The Second Hunan Province Foreigner Photo Contest Kicks off
Hunan, the hometown of the Chinese Great Leader Chairman Mao, boasts splendid sceneries, profound culture with strong local characteristics and outstanding people. For years, Hunan has been adapting itself to the global arena. Increasingly internationalized Hunan has become one of the optimal options for overseas friends to come to travel, work, study and even live.
Last year, the First Hunan Province Foreigner Photo Contest(http://www.enghunan.gov.cn/SP/HunanPhotoContest/), as a part of the 2nd Online Hunan Culture Festival has been successfully organized. Photography lovers from more than 48 countries such as the US, France, UK, Egypt, Romania, Pakistan, South Africa and Thailand have joined in. Through the lenses, they got a better understanding of Hunan. They enriched their lives, explored distinctive charms of Hunan and even acted as an international ambassador to introduce Hunan’s beauty to the world.
In this year, we organize the contest again for our overseas friends to express your feelings and views about Hunan. We believe that the event will greatly enhance your connection with Hunan and help the outside world know more about the Province.
We now sincerely welcome international friends both in China and overseas to join us with the Second Hunan Province Foreigner Photo Contest to capture a unique Hunan by your camera.
The chosen photographs are to be displayed on multiple online platforms as well as in galleries throughout Changsha. Several activities will be held including photography vacations to scenic spots, key enterprises, restaurants of local cuisine throughout Hunan, photo exhibitions, awards ceremony.
Application details and event updates will be shared via:
WeChat (weixin): EnjoyChangsha
Official Microblog (Weibo): http://e.weibo.com/3us1314
Hunan Provincial Internet Information Office
Internet Publicity and Administration Office of the CPC Hunan Provincial Committee
Operator: Official Web Portal of the Hunan Provincial People’s Government (http://www.enghunan.gov.cn/)
1. Contestants read the agreement of the contest and follow the registration guide to register at the official website of the contest. After registration, contestants may login and upload photos at http://www.dotting.me/en/photoall-1016.html
2. The competing photos will be displayed at the official website.
3. Winners will be chosen through two rounds of voting:
Round 1: 50 photos chosen through netizen voting via WeChat (weixin): EnjoyChangsha
Round 2: Expert review will decide the winners.
4. Winners of the contest will have the opportunity to take a tour to capture famous tourist attractions around Hunan, taste genuine Hunan cuisine in local restaurants, and visit key enterprises of the province.
5. Submitted photography will be showcased at photo galleries throughout the province. Contest participators, local photographers and netizens are invited to attend the events.
6. Winners will be presented with certificates and awards at the closing ceremony and photography exhibitions.
Theme: Hunan Through Your Eyes:
Participants are encouraged to take photos that meet the following requirements:
1. The photo is taken in Hunan Province;
2. The photo conveys your experience (life, travel, work, etc.) in Hunan and reflects your view towards a specific aspect of Hunan such as natural scenery and humanities, rising Hunan, friendly people, etc.
Contest Duration: Sept. 1, 2014 – Nov. 31, 2014
Photo Submission Duration: Sept. 1, 2014 – Oct. 31, 2014
Evaluation and Prizes:
The contest consists of three rounds of evaluation. In round one, 50 best photos will be selected via online voting. The entries selected in round one will proceed to round two. In round two, an expert panel will evaluate the submitted photos. The panel will select 20 photos (from 50) as the winners. In round three, the panel will determine the positions and the best among the winners. The organizing committee of the contest will invite famous photographers and reviewers in Hunan Province as judges.
- 参赛者用获得的用户名和密码登陆活动官方网站（http://www.dotting.me/en/photoall-1016.html），将照片上传至“老外视界乐道湖湘”作品集，请仔细填写作品标题、作品标签（题材、拍摄地点）、作品简介信息，照片主题（Topic）一律选择The 2nd Hunan Province Foreigner Photo Contest。
How to Upload Photos, Vote and Other Rules
The Contest is open to all international friends living, working, studying or traveling in Hunan. Please read the "The Second Hunan Province Foreigner Photo Contest Agreement" carefully before applying for the contest. You will be able to download the application form after you accept the rules in the agreement.
Please send the completed form to email@example.com with the subject title "Application for the 2nd Hunan Province Foreigner Photo Contest".
The organizing committee of the contest will check the information of each applicant. Qualified applicants will receive a user name and password via email.
Please visit http://www.dotting.me/en/photoall-1016.html and upload your photos using your user name and password to the collection of the 2nd Hunan Province Foreigner Photo Contest. Complete each entry by filling in the required information including photo caption, tag (theme, location photo was taken), and a brief introduction. All entrants must enter "the 2nd Hunan Province Foreigner Photo Contest" as the topic.
The photograph, in its entirety, must be a single person's work and originally taken by the Contest entrant. Colored or black & white entries are allowed. All photographs must be 1.5 megabytes or smaller. Each applicant can submit limitless photos clearly themed, displaying creativity, positivity and a unique perspective. Information irrelative to the contest (business advertisement, business logos, personal website links, etc.) shall not be involved in any entry, otherwise the entry will be disqualified. There are no restrictions for the time period when the photo was taken, nor on format and re-use of prize-winning photos.
Each entrant can invite friends to vote for him/her through WeChat (weixin). Scan the QR and JOIN in the WeChat Group(EnjoyChangsha), then send the photo number to EnjoyChangsha. The organizer will inform the entrants to submit an original photograph in JPG format for the second round (judged by experts) if he/she wins the voting (The first 50 photos with the highest votes). If the entrant fails to submit the original photo on time or submit disqualified photo, he/she WILL NOT BE ALLOWED to enter the second round and finals.
Submitted photos will not be returned to applicants. All entries must be submitted and received by Oct. 31, 2014.
Rights of the Organizing Committee and the Participants:
(1) The Organizing Committee has perpetual and unlimited usage rights to the photos submitted and may use them in exhibitions and publications.
(2) Any responsibility involving copyrights, portrait rights and the rights of reputation of the photos should be borne by the photographer.
(3) The Organizing Committee of the photo contest reserves the right of final explanation in these matters.
咨询电话：+86 731 88664060
The Organizing Committee of the 2nd Hunan Province Foreigner Photo Contest
Add: The Research Center for Internet Information Services, Hunan University, Lushan Road (South), Yuelu District, Changsha, Hunan
Zip code: 410082
Tel: +86 731 88664060