FIRST INITIATIVE CHANGSHA RAISES OVER 17K FOR BABY NOAH!
- - - -
On Wednesday 21st First Initiative Changsha (FIC) donated the proceeds of it's "All For Noah" campaign which ended on 31st December. The total raised for treatment for Noah was exactly 17,3577yuan which will hopefully ensure that brave baby Noah gets the treatment needed, when it is needed, in Shanghai to reduced his condition.
FIC began the campaign for Noah in November 2014 and mobilised both expats and Chinese to hold events, activities and parties all for Noah. Noah is a resident at the Butterfly Children's Hospice, a British-owned charity which offers palliative care for sick and abandoned children in Changsha. Butterfly also has a second home in Nanjing. Butterfly's work has received great acclaim for the dedication shown towards both the health improvements, often saving babies' lives, and adoption of it's children in families both in China and abroad. Butterfly has a large and popular following among the expat community in Changsha, partly administered by FIC which is also a collection of expats and Chinese who want to help Butterfly and other local city charities (of which WNIC is a part of).
Pictured (L-R): Damion (WNIC), Dave (FIC Chairman), Maggie (Head of Operations), Emily (Director) and Naomi (Public Relations & Donations Manager)
In particular, FIC would like to thank the following organisations and groups for their donations towards FIC's Noah campaign:
- Hawa (for donating a large sum and holding a highly successful Neon Party in November)
- Crave Deli & Bar for donations and continued support (including the 'Crave jar' which is still open)
- Electric Underground for organising and holding the Charity Christmas Party (of which all tickets sales went towards the Noah campaign)
- Christmas Market (held at Hooligans Pub), its organisers (Justin, Wedny and Tim mainly) and all the stall owners who donated towards the fund
- All the individuals and groups of people who donated separately (some of whom wish to remain anonymous)
In total, including the inaugural 'Fancy Dress/Cosplay street party' in October , which acted as the launch pad for the FIC concept, FIC and it's supporters and volunteers, have raised over 21K(RMB) for the Butterfly Children's Hospice, including the Noah fund.
Want to know more about FIC? Visit the FIC page here!
Want to follow the Butterfly blog and see how all their kids are getting on? Here.
Visit the WNIC Charities page to see which other local charities WNIC supports, right here.